Monday, May 25, 2009

SOMO&MARLEY STEP UP!!


(Be advised this was one of the most FUN and HILARIOUS interviews ever!!!  SOOO because of how much talking and fun was involved – the typing was CAH-RAZY and we could only catch up with SOOOO much of the conversation….. But be advised – these two are RIDICULOUSLY funny and you should all sit down and talk to them at one point of your life… Or a combo pack/cuddle or something!!  These guys are ridiculously funny!  You’ll see at Camp! ;D )


Over the last few months Diddy&Hollywood have been off to find you the most exciting interviews in order to get YOU - YES YOU - excited for Camp this summer.  Of course it doesn't take much to b

e excited about the clear water of Lake ClearWater and the loud screaming children echoing its waters all summer - But think of these interviews as ..................... A PERK!


AC readers - today - we bring to you our first Interview done via Skype with a duo who trumps the Beach Boys - who take to the shores with a rad style of fun.  AC - We bring to you the most ultimate buddy check of the year!


*LOUD WISTLE* BUDDDYYYYY CHECK!!


1 !!!


SOMO AND MARLEY!!!


Now to start off as usual we have our rockin either or Questions!  Are you guys ready?
Marley: Yep!
Somo: (paus)
Somo?
Somo: Oh sorry - I'm at a friends house and he has this AWESOME swivel chair!  Im spinning around right now!

Hahaha And here we GO!

Diddy: who is kinder in the morning? (Somo or Marley?)
somo: i don't know... this is hard!! i think i am generally
marley: somo has enthusiasm but i'm a zombie
somo: i'll let that slide...
marley: somo's the psycho.
Diddy: who snores loudest?
Marley: camp sleep is uninterrupted, but I'd say Somo
Somo: I've heard feedback.
Diddy: is worse at being quiet in the cabin?
(LAUGHTER... Marley was mimicking a really loud Somo)
Somo: So, I get really giddy for some reason right before bed. it
might be because shuffle is afraid of silly things.

Marley: definitely. and Somo giggles.
Somo: Yes.


Hollywood: Surfing or skiing; 

Marley:skiining with short shorts involved! Like 80’s guys! 

Somo: Surfing – it will include awesome places!!!  


Hollywood: Sorry to do this to yah - BUT - Boating or swimming: 

Marley:SWIMMING

Somo:Boating! Sailboats canoes and sailing - can take you allllll over the lake!


Hollywood: Super fun shallow zone or fun times at campsite bay: 

Marley: camp site bay- its practically the super fun shallow end!  

Somo: Im going to go with Campsite!


Alright boyo's - now on to the real stuff here!!

Diddy: what are your roles at camp this year?
Somo: I am boating co-ordinator. and we keep camp safe, first
response.... like (some kind of super hero), but better looking.

Marley: well, i will be returning as the swimming director.

Hollywood:  Alright, so my first few questions will be directed to the individual.  The first one is for Marley!Marley - What is Good Vibration to you?  

Marley: WHAT?!  Good Vibrations!?  It is the feeling of moving across the lake on a motor boat to Campsite Bay!


Diddy: Marley, tell us about your travels this year! No offense Somo - We'll get to you. 
Somo: No worries - Im just swiveling!
Marley: alright, well, in the fall I spent three months travelling in
europe, i saw germany, austria, italy and london, england. and i was
studying at a bible school in Austria. it was pretty sweet.

Hollywood: Alright Somo, Can I go on a Surfin Safari with you?


Diddy: haha


Somo: YEAH!  YEAH!  I’d love to go on a surfin safari with you!  Are you kidding me?!  I don’t know where we could go.


Diddy: Where would you suggest ?


Somo: I don’t know, we could look it up on the internet and figure out how to make a Canadian Surf board and figure out where to go from there!


Diddy: What's your favourite part of being at the waterfront for most
of the day, every day at camp?
Marley: the sun and the super fun shallow end.
Somo: I would have to say when i'm allowed, which is limited, just
like chilling with campers in the super fun shallow. usually we're on
duty, but when we can go in the water, it's awesome!!
Hollywood:  Alright this one's for Marley.  Who is Barbara Ann and what has she done to be soo cool and get a song!?

Marley: Hahaha – Barbara Ann must be – Oh man I can’t even hahaha…. Barbara Ann clearly worked at Adventure Camp before, because she would have had to have gone there in order to be cool enough to have a song named after her!


Diddy: What was the best part about being part of Guys and Dolls this year?
Marley: Getting to see really cool camp people outside of camp and
really fun music.

Somo: Yes. You pretty much said it man, that's balling, man. and it
was just really fun to do.
Hollywood: This next one is for Somo - Can I be your Yoko-Ono?

Diddy: hahaha


Somo: I don’t know!!  I don’t know if I’m prepared to go all John Lennon – I think that’s the biggest problem... If I were to write a love song im sure I’d throw you in a verse for sure!!


Diddy: Somo, describe the best weather for sailing...
Somo: okay well, i enjoy death weather. i enjoy sailing so that i
don't die. it's really fun, cause you get really really into it.
that's my favourite kind.
Hollywood:  Alright I'm done the individual ones.  These ones are for the both of you. If the Muffin Man were real – what would be ONE thing you would want him to cook during a dinner with me?

Marley: Steak and Potatoes! Steak and potatoes!  Like nice fried onions!!!


Somo: You know what would be good?  A Cupcake of PURE CHOCOLATE with bits of muffin in it!  Like an INVERTED MUFFIN!  


Marley:  Can we go into different kinds of Muffins – The all encompassing grilled cheese day encompassed into ONE muffin!


Diddy: if your lifejacket could have a 'gadget'... what would it be?
Somo: little propellers on the side so i could propel down really far
then shoot up... out of the water. like the scuba divers have!!
Marley: man, this is a tough one... there are so many options
diddy: Make a combo pack
Somo: you can do that?
Marley: I would have a massive thermos of joosh, the electric blue
flavoured of course... and a crazy straw... the one that makes
glasses.
Somo: so, basically like the most ballin' camo pack you've ever seen!

Hollywood: When the Beach Boys said that “EVERYBODY” was going to surf the United States… Who was everybody – and do they not realise that the United States is made of ground and Soil and NOT 100% Water?!  What do they think this is Atlantis?


Marley: Could it be like little babys with surfboards? (in a high pitched voice) “I’m goin surfin mommmy!”


Somo: I think you’re going to have to get deep on this one!! I think it wasn’t even Surfing and moral.  Like hanging out and chilling – Like “Hey man – let’s go Surfin!”


Diddy: what are you guys up to this spring?
Somo: umm, nothing exciting, i'm working at the beer store and i'm a
bouncer at a bar....
Marley: i am practicing for the waterfront by working as a
lifeguard... and i don't know how to make that more exciting.
Hollywood: Being a frequent (outside and natural) tanner I was curious to know – What tips can you give me to get that perfect glaze?

Marley - Baby oil 


Somo - NO!!  Baby oil was a SKAM!!  I did not enjoy the baby oil!  Im actually going to say that you are GOING to burn unless you have some wicked tan line…  Like if you were to wear a lifeguard shirt!  Like when I tanned x’s and o’s on me….  But don’t think of it as looking good but more as making art!


Diddy: Describe your perfect sand castle, Somo, GO!
Somo: I'm a big fan of like booby traps, i don't know fi that makes me
a bad person.... but when kids can get the moat working. i'm a big fan
of height with water mixed into the solution- as high as you can get
it without it breaking. and flags, with sticks and leaves and decorate
it like a home. OH YEAH!!! it's my favourite on the face of this
planet, so you should get this down.. when you get really really
really really watered down sand... then pour it on top of eachother...
and then let it dry and then when you touch it, it breaks apart really
easy - you hardly have to touch it. and, don't eat sand.

Diddy: anything to add marley?
Marley: My mom's dancing in the doorway.
Diddy (to Mama Marley): AMAZING. when will you be coming to camp?
Mama Marley(yelling from the doorway): JULY 19th!!! spa cookies and tea at the nurses station... and a big old thermometer!!

Hollywood: If you were a delicious fruit smoothy – what country would you wish to be served in?


Somo:  Oh wow you totally caught me off guard there!! I was thinking fruits!!  Can I be served where ever a Pinacolatta is served?  I feel that if I were served where ever a pinacolatta is served I feel like I would be in for a good time! “Do you like pinacolatta’s!”


Marley: I would want to be served in --- uh—Like what's better then Canada?  I have NO idea! I would want to be served in ---- TRINIDAD!!  Because it is the coolest sounding place I can think of at the top of my head.


Diddy: Somo, describe Marley in five words? Marley, describe Somo in 8 words.
Somo: dibs second.
Marley: SOMO HAS PRETTY WAVY HAIR AND LIKES BOATS.
Somo: BEARD. GUARD-TAN (superword, counts for just one). MAD-SKILLS
(that one counts for 2). GLASSES. (and MUSIC)

Marley: you make me sound so interesting, SOMO.

Hollywood: A Life Jacket has always been a life jacket to me and never a PFD…. But if you both could name it anything BESIDES a PFD what would it be called?


Somo:  I’d go with FLOAT VEST


Marley: I was going to go with SUPERHERO VEST – because it gives you the super hero power of floating in water!


Diddy: Any shoutouts to the lifeguards?
Marley: Donatello, that guy can dive like no other...
Somo: That guy is grace, no that MAN is grace... he's GRACE. he's graceful.
Marley: His dives are beautiful.
Somo: Anybody who lifeguards is the coolest person ever.
Marley: Yeah, anybody who has ever lifeguarded for us is AMAZING.

Hollywood:  Alright here is your very last question boys.  And its a Question that has bewildered many of our Camp staff always ends in the same arm motion and I think we would FINALLY like the answer………  WHAT WAY IS THE BEACH!?!?!!  Like C'mon!!


Marley:  I’m going to go with North of the dining hall 


Somo:  You COULD go with your typical direction of the WATER


Marley: I would also like add that I am flexing at the moment!


Thank you Somo and Marley for Stepping up to the Mic with Diddy and Hollywood!  This was by far one of the most fun conversations we have had!


TUNE IN for our next Step up to the Mic where we SURPRISE someone with a Step up to the Mic interview!!!


Also - have you missed passed Step up to the mic's with Diddy and Hollywood?  NO SWEAT!  

Just click a name from our side bar and have a fun read!  They are categorized in what month we interviewed them so be sure to scroll through them and find those you have missed.....


OH..... One more thing..... Just a small little detail that may excite you for camp........


28 DAYS UNTIL PRECAMP BEGINS!!!!


This is Diddy and Hollywood signing out : Practice your Frisbee - We'll see you on the field!!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful. Although they make me super homesick, and sad that I can't be back all summer with you guys. Hopefully my sneakers will get to see a little bit of AC soil this summer (and by soil, clearly I mean AC waterfront)

    & I'm a big fan of Superhero Vests... They help me float.

    Much Love
    -Aquaticus

    ReplyDelete