Sunday, May 3, 2009

ROMEO STEPS UP!!!

WELCOME to another - Well Rounded - 4 Seasoned - Roll up the Rim to Win special of
"STEP UP TO THE MIC with Diddy and Hollywood!"

Diddy and Hollywood have been on the move to ROCK YOUR CAMP NEEDS WORLD! Trying to find the best interviews is the EASIEST thing to do! Everyone from camp is SOOO amazing and it has been more than a thrill to be able to talk to the few we have interviewed so far! Though we have spoke to MANY amazing people already - there are many MANY more to come!!
And the next one to jump the G-Train to Camp town - and then get off, hop in a cab until you realise the driver is running the meter to fast and charging you double. And then get out and get on a bus until you reach the edge of town then call your mom for a pick up and have to wait for her in a Tim Hortans until she arrives, during which you meet a nice man named Greg who tells you about his awesome trip to the alps and then leave with your mom until she finally gets you to your destination but far enough for you to still have to run before you can - STEP UP TO THE MIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROMEO!!!

And of course Romeo - we start you off with a few warm up questions! Here we go!


diddy: high five or props?

romeo: high five. everytime.

diddy: math or science?

romeo: probably math.

diddy: peanut butter or jelly?

romeo: jelly.

diddy: morning or evening dip?

romeo: morning dip!

diddy: french toast or pancakes?

romeo: pancakes.

Hollywood - Did you know Shakespeare?
Romeo - No. I do not know Shakespeare, no.

Diddy: what are your plans for the spring?

Romeo: spring, oh my GOSH! in like 7 days exactly now I will be on a plane to London, and then i get on a plane to West Africa and I will spend 3 weeks in a village in the Gambia working on a well project and then i'm spending a fourth week visiting friends in Senegal.

Hollywood - How do you spell “Mont-ay-g’you?”

Romeo: M-o-n-t-a-g-u-e

Diddy: what is your favourite part of your role as an explorer mayor?

Romeo: yeah right. uhh, oh my gosh - I have no idea!! oh man. I love getting to hang out with all of the explorer campers without feeling guilty that i'm not hanging out with my individual cabin, I love hanging out with explorer staff without feeling guilty that i'm not hanging out with my cabin. I love to hang out.

Hollywood - So I have had this problem picking at my brain as if it were a brain picking chipmunk and I just HAVE to know -would you be allowed to watch “A Walk to Remember” and NOT feel awkward?
Diddy: you're soo weird hollywood!!
Romeo: Could you repeat the question?
Hollywood : would you be allowed to watch “A Walk to Remember” and NOT feel awkward?
Romeo: I can do what ever I want!! SURE! Yes! Haha I think I missed the point of the question but I am going to go with Sure! With a capitol “S H”

Diddy: what do you do when you're not at camp?
Romeo: i study my toes off at school in Toronto. I'm training to be an engineer, which is someone who builds, creates or invents things.
Diddy: And which will you do?
Romeo: oh gosh! I want to invent things!

Hollywood: Would you rather 'Rock and Roll' or 'Roll a Rock'?
Romeo:How big is the rock?
Hollywood: I would say it were a sufficient size.
Romeo: Well if it were a sufficient enough size then I would say roll a rock!

Diddy: Who is your favourite action hero?
Romeo: great question. hmm. i really like spiderman. cause he can shoot spider webs aaaaaand kind of fly. it's like flying a kite but he's the kite and it's upside-down. i think i might get nautious though. i wonder if that's part of the genetic mutation.

Hollywood: If you were an American/Canadian Idol – What song would you sing me? --- Me specifically!!
Diddy: are you a judge?
Hollywood: nope – I’m just me
Romeo: I would probably sing…… hmmm…. Hmmm… I don’t think I would sing?
Diddy: what would you do?
Romeo: I would probably cry – or tell a story? But if I had to sing then I would probably sing “Oh Canada” because that’s the only song I know all the words too.
Diddy: well what story would you tell to Hollywood?
Romeo: I would tell him a story about a lost boy who travels through the forest and finds a giant meat ball and then the giant meat ball eats him.

Diddy: What is the craziest forest adventure you have ever been on?

Romeo: WOW, umm.. oh SHOOT! so, last spring I went on a spring-venture with Scuba Steve, and Donatello, and Parker... so i was driving, and we picked everyone up. flashlights and special gloves... always good for these kinds of excursions... so we drove to what I thought was Rattlesnake point, but it wasn't. I asked the man at the gate where it was... and asked him if the adventure would work there. he said yes, and the true adventure began. (i'll give you the coles notes!) we proceeded to journey through the forest until we began to stumble upon a series of elaborate caves... some were large and some were small.... but then we found the cave of caves. it was a crack in the niagara escarpment, and it was dark and wet and cold. after 20 minutes journeying back and forth down into the cave i saw a light at the bottom. i followed the light (as you're always supposed to do in a tunnel), all four of us came out at the bottom of the cave.... sunshine was everywhere and so were rocks. we looked up and saw an 80 FOOT CLIFF. we realized that our journey had begun at the TOP of that cliff. (story to be continued.... at a explorer campfire site nearest you...)

Hollywood: Now you go on a lot of adventures – and I bet you like to sit a lot - What do you think chairs would look like if our knees where on the back of our legs?
Romeo: Well they would be “U” ‘s !! Or perhaps “L”s with a longer “L” part – like La-Z-boy!

Diddy: what is something that the camp world doesn't know about you that you'd like them to know?
Romeo: i am excellent at baking things. like sticky cinnabon buns, for example.

Hollywood: Who is your Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Romeo: Great question!!...?.... I don’t know what it takes to be somebody’s Arnold Schwarzenegger – But I would say Scuba Steve? Just because he is very important in my life.
Diddy: I think Scuba Steve is everybody’s Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Diddy: Describe the perfect scenario for kite flying (include weather, location, etc.)
Romeo: my eyes just got really big. the wind would probably be between 30 and 40 km per hour. it would take place in the afternoon, and the wind should be blowing east so i don't have to stare at the sun. at the beach. warm ocean. bare feet. ice cream and good company to rotate for eating ice cream. not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

Hollywood :If you could be Shuffle for a day – What would you do for the day?
Romeo: I already have my outfit planned!! There is a florecent pink hat waiting on my dresser for when that day comes… Well I would HAVE to hang out in Blaze – Or go on a road trip. Well I know less about what he does out of camp other than playing kite with me. But assuming this is a camp day – I would play a People size Rock Paper Scissors. Or that other one you guys play, what is it.....?
Diddy: Umm... Dinosaur – egg – and Chicken. I thiiink? Oh no, I forget!
Romeo- Diddy is saying all this, NOT me Shuffle!!
Diddy – Oh dear. Sorry Shuff, I forget.
Romeo: I would probably visit the tuck shop! I would play Frisbee bare foot and be AMAZING at it. And then I would go visit Romeo! And then finish my day off with a nice camp fire!
Diddy- What size camp fire?
Romeo: A Shuffle-sized Camp Fire!!

Diddy: If you could be someone else for one day who would it be, and why?
Romeo: My first thought was Barack Obama, then i thought maybe joseph coney (and i could make peace in northern uganda in a day... but only if the day ended, cause it wouldn't be fun to be him for a day). i think joseph coney. try free all the child soldiers before the sun set.

Hollywood: If you could tame a lion – would you teach it to waltz?....... And could I waltz with it?
Romeo: If I couuuuld tame a lion. Would I teach it to waltz?.... Nope!
Diddy: YOU WOULDN’T!?
Romeo: Nope – that sounds dangerous. I don’t think im that good at taming so I wouldn’t want to put anyone in danger by waltzing with it. Unless I could tame another Lion to waltz with it. But then I’d need a Teem of lion trainers!
Hollywood: A Teem!? As in you would tame Teem to waltz?
Romeo: No no, I would need a Team of people to tame the waltzing lions!

Diddy: If you had to make a medicine for something - what flavour would it be?
Romeo: freezie flavoured. the white kind. like coconut freezies.

Hollywood: If you could think up the most ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee team using famous Movie Characters – who would be on your team?

Romeo: Bob from What about Bob – (Bill Murray)
Jim Carrey
Diddy: Because you think his arms are longer?
Romeo: No! because he would distract people with his facial reactions – Oh, Spider man! (he would be a really big help – we would only need to do enzone passes!)
Diddy: There are no girls yet!!
Romeo: IT’S A COED TEAM!?
Diddy: Yeah haha! What ever you want
Romeo: I’m going to leave it at that. The 4 of us will take the world!
Diddy: Well the hulk is on the other team!
Romeo: Well we have Spider man!! C’mon!
Diddy: Well the Hulk will hold on to him.
Romeo: Then that would be a holding foul!!! This isn’t an alternate rules game! We will win!

Diddy: Anything you want to say to all the excited Explorers out there?
Romeo: Imagine your excitement multiplied by 10.... THAT is how excited i am. i cannot wait for this summer, Explorer men and women, morning dip, activities, kitchen sink, games and campfires. this summer is going to be off the HOOK... so dream big, send me your ideas(romeo@pioneercamp.com )... the X is WHAT?

AND THAT - Ladies and Gentlemen and children from ages 5 to 10 --was "Step up to the Mic" with Diddy and Hollywood!
Thanks to Romeo who was SOOO much fun to chat too! We are SOOOO pumped for camp!
AND for our next interview......
Tune in SOON for "Step Up to the Mic's" special interview with our Camp Rock star - bringing us the hit music and leading us through our jumpin worship songs ----------
(Drum roll please, Tyson Burger).............................................. BONZAI!!!!
This is Diddy and Hollywood signing out - Happy Tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Romes, I must say I am quite flattered that I am your Arnold Schwarzenegger! For the record you are my Jean Claude Van Damme.

    -scuba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Romeo,
    Please let me know when those perfect kite flying conditions happen. I will volunteer to be the ice-cream scooper. (but not eater)

    also,
    I suppose I knew that engineers invented things, but I never consciously realized that engineer=inventor. You're going to be like Caratticus Potts, only better.
    Can you call one of your inventions the riz-bot? (I don't care what it does).

    ReplyDelete