Monday, April 20, 2009

SHUFFLE STEPS UP !

STEP UP TO THE MIC!
With Diddy and Hollywood!!

Like the most famous/historic conversations – there are few that stick out in mind…………………………………. There are none as a matter of fact. BUT when I think of our next guest, one specific conversation does stick out in my thoughts.


Winnie the Pooh: What sort of lunch is in that lunchbox?
Gopher: Here, a... let me see here... summer squash, summer salad, succotash, custard, and honey.
Winnie the Pooh: Honey?
(Hearing from inside) Rabbit: Honey!? Oh, no!
Winnie the Pooh: Could you spare a small smackerel?

AND NOW - our very own inspiring young talent of a man - THE NEXT TO STEP UP TO THE MIC!!!!!.........................

SHUFFLE!

Diddy: Welcome to the mic,
Shuffle. How 'bout a warm up with some either or's? Pokemon or Digimon.
Shuffle: Pokemon, no question.
Diddy: Beauty & the Beast or Cinderella?
Shuffle: Beauty & the Beast, 'cause of Belle.
Diddy: Lion King or Aladdin?
Shuffle: Lion King.
Diddy: Winnie the Pooh or Tigger
Shuffle: Tigger.

Are you coming back to camp this summer? If Yes – what will you be doing?


Shuffle: Nope – can’t make it this summer. But seriously the answer is yes – for a couple weeks – a couple of weeks being the whole summer – as the Blaze Deputy.

Diddy: If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be? And, why?

Shuffle: Timone - just cause he's got a wilderness fortress....a hangout... i like chilling in the woods with my best buddy pumbah. or, I would be Rasputin.

Hollywood: If you were a platypus what colour marker would you use to color with?

Shuffle: Forest green. Because that is a platypus’s favourite color.

Diddy: What are a few of your favourite things about being Blaze Deputy?


Shuffle: I'd have to say... combo-packs, our campfire, our basketball court - right on our front door, riiiiight?

Hollywood: What do you think of when I say the word “Journey to the center of the earth, but back in time for Pizza?”

Shuffle: Was that one word? But I would think – My plans for next Saturday? – You wanna come?

Diddy: What's your favourite part of the day @ camp?


Shuffle: Combination of lunch and kitchen sink, or dinner and evening program or breakfast and activities.

Hollywood: If I were 2 inches taller would you ask me to play basketball with you?

Shuffle: If you were two inches taller? Well I would still not be threatened so I would sayyyyyyyyyyy – yes. I have extreme lank – It’s easy to reach far. *LANK*

Diddy: What was the highlight of your summer in 2008?


Shuffle: The last friday was a great day, it had a medieval feast with horses, and a wicked campfire... so, THAT'S the best and most recent in my camp memory.

Hollywood: I like guitars – I like to boogy – What do you do that makes people go – “Oh look its Shuffle!”?

Shuffle: My Pink Hat.

Diddy: What's the story on the bright pink hat?


Shuffle: Uhh, well the first one was in the student council office in my highschool, and had Pizza Pizza on it... and since then it's become a tradition. shuffle = pink hat.

Hollywood: What animal is best?

Shuffle: (Without hesitation) Otter – Because Otters ALWAYS have a good time.

Diddy: Can you give us a hint about the "plans" and what we can expect from the Program Team this year?


Shuffle: You can expect a lot of the unexpected :D heehee.

Hollywood: What size volleyball is too big?

Shuffle: Ummm does this have a right answer? – Umm Beach….Volleyball is too big? I don’t know what to say – perhaps the ones that are used by the Brontosauruses?

Diddy: Do you have any exciting new games for Blaze?

Shuffle: More fire and spice, and more pizazz, and probably more running.

Hollywood: If you could fly – would you swim?

Shuffle: HA – if this is not but the same question posed to our friends the flying fish, for their answers would be the same as mine! Why fly when you can swim, but why swim when you can fly? I shall leave it at that.

Diddy: What do you do when you're not in Blaze?

Shuffle: Maybe I'm in the dining hall, program trailer, or crow's nest, tuck shop or waterfront..... uhh, oh! I go to school in Peterborough where I am in the process of becoming a high school teacher.

Hollywood: If you had a million dollars – Would you make a giant pancake to help feed the world?

Shuffle: Hmmm. I would probably make a giant waffle. Because Waffles capture the syrup in each individual square… People could swim in them. I probably wouldn’t join them but I could watch.

Diddy: What's your plan for your next school year?


Shuffle: I'm not going to be in Peterborough... I'm going to be in Malta... which, is a TINY island/country close to Italy that only has like a... (he took a break with his calculator)... Malta, right! there's a 20th of Toronto's population and it has an average temperature of 16 degrees. Also, if you're curious, check out Acts chapter 27, where you will find what Malta has a national holiday for. Also, I'm going to try and see as much of Europe and the Mediterranean as I can.... some barcelona... lots of places. Egypt, for example, and those pyramids. (then, mumbled to himself and begun day dreaming...)

Hollywood: If you were to rent a movie and then mail it to me – What movie do you think would be the most entertaining to watch?

Shuffle: Right now I’m going to say – Kung Fu Panda – because it’s sitting on my desk, and it’s incredible.

Diddy: Why do you hang out at camp every summer?


Shuffle: Because camp is one of the greatest places to be and has a wonderful combination of lots of sun and fun, and friends having fun (ooo!), and being out in nature all day and night. AND, grill cheese sandwiches.

Hollywood: How do you make the Perfect Sandwhich?

Shuffle: That’s a very good question. Well, I start by lightly toasting the bread. It’s got light brown things but it isn’t burnt. Just a tad crunchy. I would add a small smackerel of Mayonnaise. Then a combination of Turkey/Chickan and Bacon and then I would melt on both swiss and marble cheese. And then I would put on some romaine lettuce and tomatoes and green peppers and dill pickles….. Add on the tooth picks and cut the sandwiches into two squares.

Thank you very much Shuffle! We can’t wait to see you this summer!

Shuffle: OH For sure! I can’t wait!

And thus concludes our special “Step up to the Mic” with Shuffle! We thank him for his time and free lightly SHmeared bagel’s and cream cheese! Tune in next time for "Step Up To The Mic's EXCLUSIVE interview with AC's very own ------ "RIZZO" !!

This is Diddy and Hollywood signing off – “KEEP IT CRISPY!!!”

1 comment:

  1. ah, eat bread on a boat day... my favorite Maltese holiday!!

    also, I was trying to picture brontosauruses playing volleyball. their heads must end up very sore. also, what do they use for a net?

    shuffle is not the only blaze boy who loves the basketball net. I was talking to one just last Sunday who was excited to be in blaze again because 1. shuffle would be there, and 2. there is a basketball net really close.

    ReplyDelete